Since its founding in 1992, Auxier & Associates has provided project management, regulatory support, and field oversight for numerous projects nationwide. We have worked at complex site locations across the United States, and our clients include Fortune 500 petroleum and mining companies, DOE facilities, national laboratories, universities, attorneys, and the nuclear service industry. Auxier has managed complex, multi-faceted remediation projects involving different media, including soil, sediments, mine tailings, coal combustion residuals, sewers, buildings, and equipment.
The company’s experience and accomplishments have included:
- writing site characterization reports,
- sampling and analysis plans,
- radiation safety plans (including on-site employee training),
- health and safety plans,
- MARSSIM-compliant sampling plans, and
- final status survey reports.
Auxier has conducted radiological surveys on properties ranging up to 200 acres throughout the US and conducted UMTRCA-style sampling on various sites. Notable projects include:
Investigation and evaluation at the West Lake Landfill Superfund site near St Louis, MO.
Auxier provided oversight of health physics and risk assessment during the project’s 20-year RI/FS Phase. The oversight work included the development of plans and procedures for radiation safety, sampling and analysis, perimeter air sampling, health and safety programs, and management of radiation safety and air monitoring during sampling and interim actions. In addition, Auxier performed the following:
- evaluated radiological field data,
- prepared documents for clients and the EPA, including technical data evaluations,
- risk assessments (both baseline and alternatives),
- feasibility studies,
- data management,
- fate and transport modeling using AERMOD, MILDOS, WISE Mill Tailings Calculator, MicroShield®, and EPA PRG calculators,
- calculation of risk, and
- negotiations with contractors and site regulators.
Radiological contractor for the ongoing remediation of a 140-acre site in Fords, NJ.
- project management,
- site characterization,
- MARSSIM-based Final Status Surveys,
- license termination services,
- radiation protection,
- radioactive waste characterization, and
Auxier operates an on-site radiological analytical laboratory with sample collection, control, analysis, and data validation, provides Final Status Reports, and is the primary point of contact for regulators.
Other project experience
Auxier performed radiological characterization and remediation at a 20-acre site in Freeport, TX, and a 200-acre site in Yerington, NV. Work at these sites includes identification of radiological materials, excavation, and shipment of soil to managed off-site disposal facilities, final status surveys, negotiations with regulators, and delicensing of the properties.
Auxier & Associates is a division of ENTACT, LLC, providing clients with a broad range of solutions and services for their site-specific project needs.